- There’s Nothing Wrong With NormalI am thankful for a boring and uneventful day.
- LegacyWhat do you want to leave behind as a legacy?
- Mercy in the Midst of StrugglesThe truth is, we all face hardships of some kind, and you never know the struggles a person is going through. Behind every smile, there’s a story of a personal struggle. Adrienne C. Moore Many of you, without reading my previous posts, wouldn’t know I struggle with Multiple Sclerosis. It […]
- The Most Important Question You Will Ever Ask Yourself.I write this blog tonight humbled. Humbled that Christ has laid it upon my heart to write about something so incredibly important. Humbled that as I examine my own life, I can look back over the years and can relate to all the examples described in the video below. My […]
- There’s Something About ObedienceObeying can be a difficult concept for us to grasp. My wife and I have three children. Our oldest is nineteen, and our youngest are twin brother and sister, who are coming up on two years old. When either my wife or I tell our youngest daughter “No,” she seems […]
- Name ChangeSome of you may have noticed that the name of this blog has changed. Since I began writing this blog a year or so ago, the name has always been “With Wings As Eagles.” This morning I decided to change that. I will explain why. One of my favorite passages […]
- A New Page on This Site!For years I have been collecting inspirational, motivational, and quotes of the Christian faith. I began writing them in the back of my Bibles. It’s my hope that one day, whoever picks up one of the many Bibles I’ve written in, would not only read it but also read through […]
- Broken…to be Made WholeHave you ever been broken? Perhaps you’re going through the process right now of being bent and broken, and you’re wondering if it ever gets better.
- Be Fed!How important is it to read your Bible in the morning? Can you wait until the evening to do your daily reading or devotions? Does it really matter the time of day? I’ve always been taught, or at least thought, that it didn’t matter the time of day I spent […]
- Contagious“Few things are more infectious than a godly lifestyle. The people you rub shoulders with everyday need that kind of challenge. Not prudish. Not preachy. Just cracker jack clean living. Just honest to goodness, bone – deep, non-hypocritical integrity.” Charles Swindoll I first came across this quote a couple of […]
- Love Your NeighborIn keeping with what I said in A Bit of a Change in Course, I want to start writing shorter posts, but doing it daily. Today I want to focus on Mark 12:31. This isn’t a religious post by any means, but rather a reminder to all of us to […]
- The Other SideOne thing about social media is that you typically only see one side of a person; the side they want you to see. I’ve been guilty of it many times. But I want to take a few moments in this post tonight to reveal myself. To take off masks. There […]
- What’s On My MindThere’s a lot on my mind this evening. I’m sitting here and I’m reminded that life is so short. I think about the tragedies which have occurred over the last few weeks here in America. I’m thinking about the families that are at home hurting tonight, the empty beds and […]
- Remember Them…Memorial Day, formerly Decoration Day, in the United States (last Monday in May) honoring those who have died in the nation’s wars. It originated during the American Civil War when citizens placed flowers on the graves of those who had been killed in battle. In 1868, John A. Logan, the […]
- Scary Questions / Part 1 of 3One of the scariest questions we can ask ourselves is, “Where will I spend eternity when I die?” Can you really be certain? If so, how?
- Another School Shooting in America…Please don’t read the title of this post and think I am making light of the incident which occurred in an elementary school today in Texas. It is horrific and difficult to fathom. As a father of one year old twins who will begin their educational journey in just four […]
- Evil Intention & God’s InterventionWe have all had something bad happen to us. I was asked a question today. “Who could benefit from hearing your testimony and what God has done in your life?” Difficult question to answer in just a few sentences. My answer? “Anyone who is right on the brink of something […]
- How Strong Are Your Roots?This post has been on my mind for several days now. As I discussed in my post last night which was titled, What Keeps Me Awake At Night…, I tend to post things that are weighing on my mind or I think could really encourage someone. The following verse is […]
- What Keeps Me Awake At Night…What keeps you awake at night? For those who may have followed me for any lengthy period of time, and have read previous blogs that I tried to get started, you probably have noticed that I am much more active this time around. I’ve been posting a lot more, particularly […]
- Lessons in a Swimming PoolA swimming pool is undoubtedly a lot of fun. I’m looking forward to swimming with my family this summer in our pool. It’ll be the first year that our twin son and daughter are able to go in our pool. They just turned a year old and we didn’t want […]
- Fun in the sun with my twin son and daughter.
- Thankful & Grateful: Lessons Learned Through a Pandemic.I like to solicit ideas for posts from others. It gives me insight as to what is on the minds of others around me. While I have a list of ideas written in a notebook; various topics I want to tackle at some point, I am intrigued what others are […]
- When the Trials of Life Don’t Make SenseCame across the following article in which the author talks about some of the benefits of persecution and trials. We will all face a certain level of persecution in our lifetime. Unless you’ve been living under a rock for the last couple of years, you have seen a tremendous amount […]
- Not a Fan of Jesus ChristFor the past several weeks, I’ve been going through a men’s discipleship program with another gentleman from my church. Part of the program is to watch a series of small videos titled, “Not a Fan.” Each week, the video series builds upon the previous episode. The question is asked in […]
- These Days Aren’t Gonna LastThere’s nothing like the first fire outdoors each year. It commemorates the end of a long and bitter cold winter, saying goodbye to the months of staying indoors, and welcoming the long awaited Spring and Summer season. It says hello to good music, s’mores, and great company gathered around a […]
Hi! I’m Steve, founder of “Press on.”
I am a retired and disabled veteran, husband, father of three (including twins), photographer, podcaster, and blogger. I currently reside in upstate New York. For more information about me, click here.