- The Most Important Question You Will Ever Ask Yourself.I write this blog tonight humbled. Humbled that Christ has laid it upon my heart to write about something so incredibly important. Humbled that as I examine my own life, I can look back over the years and can relate to all the examples described in the video below. My heart’s desire is that you would watch the video below and examine yourself. That it would prompt you to ask yourself the most important question you ever could ask: Does Jesus know me? You see, as Pastor Washer explains in his message, you can say you know Jesus. Most of […]
- There’s Something About ObedienceObeying can be a difficult concept for us to grasp. My wife and I have three children. Our oldest is nineteen, and our youngest are twin brother and sister, who are coming up on two years old. When either my wife or I tell our youngest daughter “No,” she seems to get it. Her brother on the other hand? He is at that stage, or maybe it’s his personality, that when we tell him not to do something, he looks at us and laughs. It isn’t an all out belly laugh like he does when he is being tickled. No, […]
- Name ChangeSome of you may have noticed that the name of this blog has changed. Since I began writing this blog a year or so ago, the name has always been “With Wings As Eagles.” This morning I decided to change that. I will explain why. One of my favorite passages from the Bible is from the book of Philippians. Brothers, I do not consider myself as having laid hold of it yet, but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward […]
- A New Page on This Site!For years I have been collecting inspirational, motivational, and quotes of the Christian faith. I began writing them in the back of my Bibles. It’s my hope that one day, whoever picks up one of the many Bibles I’ve written in, would not only read it but also read through the notes, the thoughts, and quotes I have penned in them. I have a lot of premium leather Bibles in several different English translations. Bibles can become heirlooms; passing from generation to generation. I have begun writing all the quotes here on this website. Perhaps you’ll find one you enjoy […]
- Broken…to be Made WholeHave you ever been broken? Perhaps you’re going through the process right now of being bent and broken, and you’re wondering if it ever gets better.
Hi! I’m Steve, founder of “Press on.”
I am a retired and disabled veteran, husband, father of three (including twins), photographer, podcaster, and blogger. I currently reside in upstate New York. For more information about me, click here.